Jì Xiāng meets Draga - Gynoid Tech vs. Doll Sweet

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 6. July 2019 - 22:46
Dollstudio
Dollstudio's picture

Jì Xiāng meets Draga - Gynoid Tech vs. Doll Sweet

Hi,

as promised a couple of days ago, I wanted to take a closer look at Chinese doll aristocracy.

So I introduced Jì Xiāng with Draga to take a couple of side-by-side pictures.

Jì Xiāng is a Gynoid Tech GT-165/86 body style (Model 7) with ›Jì Xiāng‹ head and standard skin color, and Draga is a Doll Sweet DS-167 ›Evo‹ with ›Thera‹ head and S-level makeup in ›cream‹ skin color. Both ladies have a similar body height (specified as 165 respectively 167 cm), and both are made of silicone. Both are not able to stand on their own feet, and both have skin texture by default.

The general idea for the following posts is to show head-to-body proportions and anatomical details in direct comparison. Also, skin tone reproduction under identical lightning conditions can be compared as well as body height and range of movements.

In this class of dolls, it's not so much a question where the doll has joints – they both have all joints you could wish for – but rather if the resulting movements appear organic respectively natural.

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status/1145732242758688770
https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status/1147551000586309632

Metadata

7. July 2019 - 0:08
Dollstudio
Dollstudio's picture

Re: Jì Xiāng meets Draga - GT vs. DS

So let's put them side by side on a firm and even-leveled surface.

Jì Xiāng is on the left, Draga is on the right.

The general body shape is similar; both dolls are well proportioned and curvy, with some bust (around C/D cup size), but still with a natural body shape. No exaggerated wasp waist and no 'tits on a stick' syndrome. Both have a lot of details in the sculpt which invite to explore. For my taste, both are super beautiful body shapes.

But there are quite a couple of subtle differences. I will take a closer look later.

When I put those to side by side, my first thought was: "Crap, my beloved Thera looks like a cartoon character".

Doll Sweet's ›cream‹ skin color appears overly yellowish in this setting. This is not primarily caused by the lightning but by the contrast with Jì Xiāng's skin color and the matted skin surface with hyper-realistic surface finishing. Doll Sweet's ›Evo‹ has a skin texture, but by far not the same level of skin surface finishing like Jì Xiāng.

This is Doll Sweet's DS-167 ›Evo‹ in ›cream‹ skin color alone:

Isolated, the ›cream‹ skin color does not have this yellowish touch. But on both pictures you can see reflections. And yes, in direct comparison, Doll Sweet's skin surface on the body tends to shinyness. The head with S-lvel makeup is much less shiny. And Jì Xiāng tends less to reflections, as well on her body as on her face.

Both silicone blends are significantly different. The DS blend feels more sticky and a bit doughy whilst the GT blend is a tick more soft, less sticky but much more oily.

Let's do some calisthenics…

Both girls can twist smoothly in the waist area. Both have flawless trimming of the seamlines. But almost everywhere, Jì Xiāng has a little more detail in the sculpt. E.g. if you compare the right elbow area, Gynoid Tech has amuscle strand hinted.

A more obvious difference is the chin area. Jì Xiāng's head appears almost seamless, whilst Draga has a clearly visible edge between chin and neck. If you take a look at the full Unboxing review Gynoid GT-165/86 with Jì xiāng head (纪香) aka Model 7, you can find out more details about the way Gynoid Tech has designed the neck/chin area. Their approach has some downsides, but in this direct comparison the benefits become visible.

Another thing noteworthy is that the GT head rotates more smoothly whilst the DS head snaps a bit back until you push the silicone from the neck away. On the other hand, you can swap DS heads much more easy. Removing the GT head is something I don't want to do more often than absolutely necessary whilst removing a DS head is a totally hassle-free.

In this closeup you can see a not so so subtle difference between the GT and the DS neck design:

Jì Xiāng can turn her head sideways without getting silcone from her neck in the way. In contrast, Draga suddenly develops a 'goiter' from silicone from her neck. You can push it partially into the head, but it remains visible in some poses. No trace of that with the Gynoid girl.

Now twist in the other direction and Jì Xiāng shows one of her particularities:

Take a look a the bangle on the right upper arm; as the arm is detachable, sometimes the silicone edges start to overlap. The bangle covers that usually up – unless you forget to push the silicone inside the bangle or a pose causes more strain than the bangle can cover up.

But in the overall appearance, one thing becomes quite obvious. Even though both dolls have a very similar range of movements, Jì Xiāng's poses always appear a little bit more organic and natural.

…though, both have undeniably their own unique charms. Jì Xiāng appears always a bit more serious, more graceful whilst Draga appears more cheerful and expressive. Jì Xiāng is more an attempt to mimic an organic woman as close as technically possible whilst Draga is more stylized.

Sandro

Attached pictures
7. July 2019 - 0:49
Dollstudio
Dollstudio's picture

Re: Jì Xiāng meets Draga - Gynoid Tech vs. Doll Sweet

Now the verdictwhich one is the better doll and which one do I like better?

There is no clear answer to that.

Gynoid's Model 7 captivates with the results of her movements. Everything appears so organic and natural. The skeleton is OK in the sense that it provides the foundation for these impressive results. But the skeleton's durability and reliability does not fully convince me. After less than a week, one hip joint became loose, and several other joints already start to feel a bit rickety as well.

Doll Sweet's ›Evo‹ is a workhorse. She is about one year old, and the skeleton is still as good as new. All hinges are still well adjusted and nothing wobbles. The same goes for the silicone and the skin surface – no dents, no bruises, no tears. Everything is in excellent shape, and she poses quite nicely. Just the little 'extra' is missing. Gynoid's Model 7 is the only doll I have encountered so far with this little 'extra'.

But this ominous little 'extra' of realism comes at a price. Not only the skeleton is showing signs of wear and tear after one week; several tears simply occured from (as careful as possible) handling. Delicate areas are the soles of the feet and the hands. Other potentially delicate areas are the gel implants in breasts and butt.

Also, the weight matters. Draga's weight is in the lower 30's (kgs) whilst Jì Xiāng's wight is in the upper 30's (kgs). These about 5 kgs difference really matter if you handle both dolls in parallel. Both weights are managable – but it's more conventient to lift Draga.

Elaborate dolls like Doll Sweet's ›Evo‹ and Gynoid Tech's Model 7 are highly differentiated. Both have most distinct strengths and some weaknesses. I'd say that Model 7 is the more capable and more advanced doll and the ›Evo‹is the more durable and more reliable doll.

If I had to choose between them, I would decide for Draga &nadsh; if Jì Xiāng hadn't this brilliant eye mechanism and her marvellous articulated hands.

Also, since these synthetic ladies are not only used for posing, the capability for sex might matter for you, too. It is indeed outside the scope of this comparison, but if you want to have sex with your doll and are equipped like an average Caucasian male, you might not be fully satisfied with Doll Sweet's ›Evo‹. Her lady parts look nicer than those of Gynoids Model 7, but Jì Xiāng's vagina is fully usable.

To make a decision for the doll which is the right one for you, some weighting up is required.

Or don't agonize with compromises and choose the harem approach. If you have both dolls, you have the best out of both worlds right at your fingertips Smile

Sandro

7. July 2019 - 0:57
Dollstudio
Dollstudio's picture

After the girls worked so hard, let's give them some room for leisure so they can learn to know each other better…

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status/1148209575734259719

Attached pictures
7. July 2019 - 19:50
pip-doll88

At first glance, to me it looks like the GT doll is much more realistic, might be due to the face looking more natural and relaxed.
But also the skin tone and pose look a little better too.
Both are great looking dolls however Smile

Related content

Similar content as discovered by similarity of classification:

Doll Sweet Miki head (2019) (Head)
(Head)
Material: Silicone
75% similarity
Gynoid Callies head (2018) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Gynoid Amy head (2018) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Tyra head (2017) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Sharon head (2017) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Leaf head (2017) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Kayla head (2014) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Kayla CE head (2014) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Sandy head (2014) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Fleur head (2014) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Serena head (2014) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Yolanda head (2015) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Nell head (2018) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Cana head (2018) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Doll Sweet Sammi head (2019) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Gynoid Yui Shinohara head (2018) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Gynoid Misato Shinohara head (2018) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity
Gynoid Ji xiang head (2019) (Head)
(Head)
63% similarity

Related forum topics

Similar forum topics as discovered by similarity of classification:

Forum topic In forum… Last updated… Similarity Ops
Weekly summary 18/2019 Dollstudio 4 years 10 months ago 86% similarity
Weekly summary 19/2019 Dollstudio 4 years 10 months ago 86% similarity
Weekly summary 20/2019 Dollstudio 4 years 10 months ago 86% similarity
Weekly summary 21/2019 Dollstudio 4 years 10 months ago 86% similarity
Weekly summary 22/2019 Dollstudio 4 years 10 months ago 86% similarity
This DS-167 Evo & S-class Thera & Yolanda travels to Berlin DS Doll Europe 4 years 11 months ago 71% similarity
Unboxing Doll Sweet DS-167 ›Evo‹ with ›Thera‹ and ›Yolanda‹ heads DS Doll Europe 4 years 11 months ago 71% similarity
Introducing Nemyt (DS-167 Evo/Yuanyuan) DS Doll Europe 4 years 11 months ago 71% similarity
Just for fun… my DS ladies DS Doll Europe 4 years 11 months ago 71% similarity
Weekly summary 12/2019 Dollstudio 5 years 6 days ago 71% similarity